St. John's Episcopal Church in Essex, New York
“St. John’s began with occasional services in the home of Judge Ross (on the hill above the present church) led by a priest from Keeseville in 1849. Incorporated in 1853 as part of the diocese of New York, the congregation moved into its present building in 1881. The church was the remodeled private school house built by Judge Ross in 1835. It had been built with the idea it would eventually become an Episcopal church… Although occasional Episcopal services were held in Essex ...
Do you like this article?
Post a comment:
This article was readed 58 time/s
Same article in German:
Same article in French:
Same article in Italian:
Same article in Swedish:
Same article in Spanish:
Tags: health, news, over, worship, here, regular, private, school, led, priest, Keeseville, remodeled, above, home, began, hill, part, Incorporated, diocese, building, The, into, moved, congregation, with, Church, occasional, York, services, stjohnsessexny, New, present, built, Judge, had, Ross, on, John, St, Essex, church, Episcopal